Golf Resort Overview: Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
An Interview With Mark Eades, Marketing Director
By Brian Weis
The ultimate golf vacation is staying and playing at a golf resort. Below is an interview with Mark Eades who shares some valuable information about staying and golfing at Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure.
Give our readers an overview of the golf resort.
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure is the preferred Blue Ridge Mountain vacation home for families from across the country. Our picturesque community takes its name from the 3,200 foot mountain, Rumbling Bald, with it's towering cliffs perched high above the beautiful Lake Lure. Spread over 3,000+ acres, this resort community offers activities and amenities for the entire family including two 18-hole championship golf courses, private white sand beach, over 150 resort vacation rentals, tennis, spa and salon, wellness center, swimming, boating, hiking, and much more. We are also the premier wedding destination in Lake Lure, offering indoor and outdoor facilities for up to 300 guests. We know you will enjoy your stay at Rumbling Bald Resort.
Share with us your room accommodations configurations. What group sizes can accommodate?
Rumbling Bald Resort offers a variety of vacation rentals, whether you're looking for something intimate for a couples getaway, or a place ideal for larger groups, like our three or four bedroom homes. They are spacious and comfortable and most enjoy easy access to the lake, resort area and both golf courses.
What type of restaurants do you have on property and what type of dining experience can one expect?
We have three unique dining options here at Rumbling Bald Resort.
1) Legends on the Lake - Come by land or by water - just make sure you come hungry! Legends on the Lake features a menu of fresh entrées such as hand-crafted pizzas and house-ground burgers. After dinner, treat the entire family to arcade games and billiard tables, or catch a game on one of our flat-screen televisions. Our welcoming staff and family-friendly atmosphere guarantee a legendary dining experience.
2) Pinnacle Southern Kitchen - Family, friendship, food and Southern hospitality is what Pinnacle Southern Kitchen is all about! Enjoy a breathtaking view of the beautiful Apple Valley golf course while you feast on comfort foods, including our popular BBQ and homemade savory sauces. We take our time to prepare each meal with the freshest ingredients and a dash of Southern Charm.
3) The Gardens - Looking for an intimate environment where you can indulge in eclectic menu options and your choice of over 40 fine wines? Great news - your search is over! Overlooking the Bald Mountain Golf Course and chef's produce garden, The Gardens offers its guests fresh seasonal salads, small plates and entree selections inspired by classical international cuisines. Our multi-talented chefs will wow you with their creativity while our Certified Sommelier provides the perfect wine pairing for your meal. After dinner, enjoy a decadent dessert handcrafted especially for you by our Chef D'Cuisine.
Beyond golf what are the top three amenities golfers and non-golfers can enjoy on property?
1) The Lake & Beach area with boat rentals and scenic cruises.
2) Numerous hiking, biking, and fitness trails.
3) The Trout Stream outdoor pool complex
Please supply a sample itinerary for a long buddies weekend?
You could start your day with a breakfast at Pinnacle Southern Kitchen overlooking the Apple Valley course or stop in Legends on the Lake overlooking beautiful Lake Lure at the Bald Mountain course. Next most would hit the links for some golf or likely explore local adventures like zip-lining, whitewater rafting, hiking, horseback riding, or boating/fishing on Lake Lure. The evenings could be shared at Legends on the Lake and enjoy some local craft brews and fresh house-made pizza or gather within your spacious vacation rental for some much needed guy time cooking out and hanging out on the wraparound deck looking out on the mountains or course. You could even take everything down to the beach and pull a few picnic tables together around one of our outdoor BBQ's. Wash, rinse, repeat...
Please supply a sample itinerary for a long couples weekend?
Couples getaways are one of the most popular guests we see. Folks just looking of a way to disconnect from the everyday hustle and bustle and reconnect with each other. With over 3000+ acres Rumbling Bald Resort offers numerous ways to stay busy or just kick back and relax. Couples can spend time in our Wellness Center with a relaxing couples message and other treatments, take a Scenic Lake Lure Wine Cruise, enjoy a peaceful walk on one of our local hiking trails, or just kick back on the beach and soak in the sun. We also offer day trips to local Wineries and other attractions like Chimney Rock State Park and Biltmore Estate.
What area tourist attractions might you recommend while in the area?
We are the hub for your next vacation. Most tourist attractions are within minutes of the Resort or just a short day trip. Attractions include: Zip-lining, Whitewater Rafting, Horseback Riding, Hiking & Biking Trails, Fishing Explorations, Chimney Rock State Park, Wineries, Biltmore Estate, Downtown Shopping in Asheville, Hendersonville, Forest City, and Lake Lure.
How can golfers inquire about golf packages for your resort?
The best way for golfer to inquiry is by either calling us directly at (828) 694-3000 or emailing us at GroupSales@rumblingbald.com. We have several "Stay & Play" packages created with golfers in mind and we can customize packages to fit everyone's needs both large and small groups.
Courses at Resort
Number of Course: 2
Number of Holes: 36
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
112 Mountains Blvd
Lake lure, NC, 28746
Revised: 05/15/2019 - Article Viewed 262 Times - View Golf Course Profile
About: Brian Weis
Brian Weis is the Publisher of GolfTrips.com, a network of golf travel and directory sites including GolfWisconsin.com, GolfMichigan.com, ArizonaGolfer.com, GolfAlabama.com, etc. Professionally, Brian is a member of the Golf Writers Association of America (GWAA), International Network of Golf (ING), Golf Travel Writers of America (GTWA), International Golf Travel Writers Association (IGTWA) and The Society of Hickory Golfers (SoHG). In 2016, Brian won The Shaheen Cup, an award given to a golf travel writer by his peers.
All of his life, Brian has been around the game of golf. As a youngster, Brian competed at all levels in junior and high school golf. Brian had a zero chance for a college golf scholarship, so he worked on the grounds crew at West Bend Country Club to pay for his University of Wisconsin education. In his adult years, his passion for the game collided with his entrepreneurial spirit and in 2004 launched GolfWisconsin.com. In 2007, the idea for a network of local golf directory sites formed and GolfTrips.com was born. Today, the network consists of a site in all 50 states supported by national sites like GolfTrips.com, GolfGuide.com and GolfPackages.com. It is an understatement to say, Brian is passionate about promoting golf and golf travel on a local, regional, national and international level.
On the golf course, Brian is known as a fierce weekend warrior that fluctuates between a 5-9 handicap. With a soft fade, known as "The Weis Slice", and booming 300+ drives, he can blast it out of bounds with the best of them.
Contact Brian Weis:
GolfTrips.com - Publisher and Golf Traveler